Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Oh Fonzie, Why?



Strong Kids, Safe Kids!
(Possibly NSFW - frank discussion about bad touching)

Okay, yes. It's been a Looonngg while since I've posted. I got pretty busy with work, and the dog ate my blog posts, and I'm feeling some kind of existential angst anyways....

The bottom line is I became a giant blogcrastinator, if there is such a word. I inadvertently almost fulfilled this prophecy (it's French for it's in now the hip thing to have abandoned your blog), lovingly posted to my MySpace blog page by Amy soon after I started (Thanks ;-}).

Not like Fonzie. When he sees a problem, he not only does something about it, he enlists the help of all of his celebrity friends, including Henry Winkler (don't think about that too hard), John Ritter, and Mariette Hartley.

So why does this '80's era PSA feel so horribly, horribly wrong? It has famous people. It has rainbow colours. It has puppets! It has a child psychologist! Okay, maybe it's the child psychologist, Sol Gordon. He's one of Oprah's pet experts now, and has been doing this for years, but there's something wrongtacular about the way he says vagina. It could also be Chris Wallace, the fellow in the overalls with the ukelele guitar. Henry Winkler says not to forget him. How could I? That song will be in my head every time I look "down in front". And if I'm not supposed to forget him, how come history seems to have? These questions will haunt my dreams.

Damn you, Fonzie. Damn you to heck.

UPDATE 23/03/07 9:27 AM
Fixed the link to Amy. Also, I forgot to mention that Myya sent me this. My apologies.