Saturday, February 3, 2007

The History of Oil



I've had some writer's block for a little bit, I'm afraid. I've got a wealth of vids to write about, but I've been having trouble doing it. I think it's the winter weather. I've decided to try and just muscle through it, so here goes.

I haven't posted a longer piece in a bit (this one's an hour), but since I've been talking about supposedly limitless resources I can't get at, here's a piece on the History of Oil.

Robert Newman is one of those people we don't see enough of on this side of the Atlantic, namely an unashamedly intelligent stand up comedian (Lewis Black not withstanding). This piece is almost as much a lecture as it is a piece of comedy, follows the history of the 20th century through Newman's jaundiced, conspiracy minded eyes. Seeing as even the president is acknowledging that We May Be In Trouble Now where oil is concerned, this might even be vaguely timely.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.
Post more stuff like this.
I like.

Jorge